Meet Emma del Rey, professional photographer, animal lover, and a part of the Equipaws Pet Services family (her mother is our social media manager and head trainer!). Emma’s photographs are subtle, delicate, and stunning. She recently graduated from the New World School of the Arts.
1. When did you know you wanted to be a photographer and how did you get there?
I started shooting when I was 13. I was homeschooled so I had a lot of time on my hands. I began taking photos every day. At age 16/17 I started putting myself out there and working for free to get some clientele going. I eventually started meeting people and and those people knew other people that needed photography and it’s been growing ever since.
2. What is your inspiration/approach when taking photos of dogs? How do you get the “right” pictures?
I like shooting candids. I don’t really plan or pose the subjects but let whatever is happening in that moment happen. I think that is the “right” photo for me.
3. Do you have pets?
I have a dog, his name is Manfred. He is a rescue pit mix from West Palm Beach shelter. He is the sweetest and brings a lot of love and friendship to me and my family.
4. How far will you service clients?
Anywhere in Miami.
5. What are your typical photoshoots like? How can a client prepare to get the best out of their time with you?
To prepare for the shoot the only decision to be made prior would be the location. It could be anywhere.. the beach, the park, a home, or as simple as a walk around a neighborhood.
6.Until when is the holiday special available for Equipaws clients?
Until the end of the year.
- 30 min shoot, professional editing, $85
- 60 min shoot, professional editing, $150